What Are The Best Kitchen Scissors?
Cutting with a knife is easy, especially when it is sharp. But if you have big batches of ingredients to cut, you need to use something that will make the work faster! And we are not talking about the electric appliance here; this is about the kitchen scissors. This kitchen tool doesn't need much to describe it because, understandably, it is a necessity in the kitchen. And in this article, we will talk about what are the best kitchen scissors to use. So if you want to know them all, the best option is to read till the end!
Shears for Cheers! Is it Worth Having One?
Call it shears or sissy; these both refer to the scissor that we use in the kitchen. Many of us have been used to knives when working in our kitchen and preparing for meals. So when we talk about using scissors, they raise their eyebrow. The question is, is it worth having one? Before you defend and flex your cutting skills with your knife, allow us to share with you the perks of using a kitchen scissor.
- You may be used to cutting the edges of your bread using your sharp knife and cutting board, but you can do it faster if you will use your kitchen scissor.
- Not just that, if you changed your mind and then planned to make soup, you can use it to make croutons.
- This is the best substitute for dough cutters when dividing the dough for pizzas, pies, rolls, croissants, and more.
- If you’re in for a salad, you can just simply trim the leaves and veggies using this.
- If your knives are dull, you can also use this in cutting different kinds of meat.
- It’s the perfect tool to use when cleaning the fish, shrimps, clams, and other seafood.
- If you want to shred quickly and you don’t have a food processor to use, this will do the job quickly.
- It is perfect to use when making topping or adding herbs to your meal.
- You can also use this when the food is cooked, such as when dividing the pizza, cutting the roasted chicken, squid, and other cooked food.
So, what are the best kitchen scissors to use? Read more below to get the answer.
The Best Rated Scissors
When we say best-rated, what are the best kitchen scissors to use? Well, here they are and ready to serve in your kitchen.
- MAIRICO Kitchen Shears – comes with ultra-sharp blades.
- Tansung Kitchen Shears – perfect for left or right-handed individuals.
- Gidli Kitchen Shears – perfect to use for seafood.
- OXO good Grips Multi-Purpose Kitchen and Herbs Scissors – perfect for herbs, stems, and shredding.
- Acelone Kitchen Shears – can be used when opening bottles.
- Shun DM7300 – can be used cracking nuts, opening bottles and jars.
- Kitchenaid Classic Kitchen Shears – has a compact design and equipped with a soft grip.
- ZWILLING J.A Henckels Kitchen Shears – can crack nuts and open bottles.
- Wusthoff 5558-1 Kitchen Shears – comes with serration to prevent slipping.
- J.A Henckels International Kitchen Shears – comes with micro-serrated blade edges.
When it comes to affordability, what are the best kitchen scissors to use? You can still enjoy the goodness that kitchen scissors bring without hurting your budget. And to prove that, here are your options.
- Wusthof Come-Apart Kitchen Shears - it will only cost you $20 to have this scissor in your kitchen. It is easy to clean and super sharp.
- Kershaw Taskmaster Shears- it will only cost you $36 to $38 to have this scissor in your kitchen. It is perfect to use when cutting meat and veggies.
- OXO Good Grip Kitchen & Herbs Scissors – it will only cost you $18 to $20 to have this scissor in your kitchen. It offers its blades that can be taken apart and comes with a good grip.
- KitchenAid Shears with Soft Grip Handles - it will only cost you $8 to $10 to have this scissor in your kitchen. This is super affordable, stylish, and bigger.
- Shun Multi-Purpose Shears - it will only cost you $50 to have this scissor in your kitchen.
It is also be used when cracking nuts, cutting meat, opening jars and bottles.
Kitchen scissors are a necessity in every kitchen. With powerful and sharp blades, it can help you prepare your ingredients quickly and efficiently. And now that you are aware of what are the best kitchen scissors to use, you can replace your dull and boring-looking scissors! With any of the scissors we have presented to you, you will definitely save time from cutting and shredding! Know more about kitchen utensils.
There are many types of boards out there, and you will know how quickly you can get overwhelmed by it. If you plan to make your homemade cutting board, you should know what the best wood for a cutting board is.
A professional tool like a scissor is necessary for the kitchen. You will see how practical to have this tool when it can do multiple functions like cutting meat and veggies, cracking nuts and shells, peeling fruits, scraping fish, and digging potato holes.