Must Have Kitchen Utensils – For Best Cooking Experience
As a newbie, it is tough to think of what to purchase for your new kitchen setup. There are lots of fancy kitchen stuff you can see all over the Internet. Check out this article to have a guide on what are the must have kitchen utensils that you need to add to your cart.
Shopping to buy stuff for your kitchen can sometimes go a little crazy. There's plenty of high-technology kitchenware that's going to tempt you in the process. But the truth is, you don't need so many items for your cooking space.
Grab a pen and a paper, and take down notes of the following must have kitchen items. Here are the top basic must-have kitchen utensils:
- A good slicing knife – A chef's knife is a good choice. It can cut a lot of ingredients you need for your cooking.
- Chopping/Cutting board – A heavy wooden cutting board is best for your kitchen. It doesn't slip easily in your kitchen counter while slicing.
- Mandoline/Grater Set – This multipurpose set is an essential tool. This offers great convenience in slicing and grating vegetables and cheese.
- Measuring kitchen tools – Measuring cups and spoons are great for precision. If you're into baking, these are also essential utensils to have.
- Non-stick and stainless pans – Saucepans, frying pans, baking pans.
- Peeler – You need this to peel your fruits and vegetables faster and cleaner.
- Can opener – This is something you don't want to forget. This is great for your canned goods, canned veggies, and fruits.
- Prep bowls – It's important to have a variety of mixing bowls in your list of must have kitchen utensils. Get ones that are not made of plastic – either glass or metals.
- Spatula – Of course, you can't cook without this. This is for lifting, spreading, and flipping the food you're cooking.
- Colander – This is truly one of the most must have kitchen utensils. This is perfect for draining water from heavy loads of pasta. You can even use this for draining your freshly washed veggies.
Things to Consider Before Buying Your Kitchen Utensils
You might get too overwhelmed to fill your new kitchen with the things it needs to have. But there are essential factors that you need to consider before adding to your cart.
- Know what kitchen utensils you need.
- Consider your budget.
- Choose something user-friendly.
- Know the materials used to make those kitchen utensils. Prioritize your safety first.
- Consider the space of your kitchen.
Showing off your best cooking skills will need you to have the right kitchen tools. You don't have to fill every space of your kitchen with unnecessary stuff. Trendy, high-technology, and exciting kitchen tools are all over different media ads. The tricks they use to sell them can sometimes be so persuasive. But you have to take note that you don't need to buy each one of them. Rather, purchase only the must have kitchen utensils. Choose ones that will make your life easier and will make your kitchen a place of comfort. Here's how to learn more about kitchen utensils
As you hustle in your kitchen every day, your trusty knives and other kitchen utensils grow rusty. Rust develops as iron reacts to the oxygen in water and moisture.