How To Wear An Apron
Cooking is a fun activity because it allows you to express yourself using flavors and aromas. But there are times when it becomes too much of a hassle. Aside from dealing with the dirty dishes, there are times when your favorite outfit gets ruined. You can see the spills, stains, and splash of the ingredients in your precious shirt! This will be a tough task in the laundry for sure. But if you are wearing an apron before preparing food, this won’t be a problem. So to help you, we will teach you how to wear an apron in this article!
Why Wear Apron?
Some people refuse to wear an apron in the kitchen because they think that it is too feminine. But if you are to observe the kitchen shows and different chefs working in restaurants and 5-star hotels, you will realize that it is not just an accessory. It is not just a piece of cloth that you wear to make you look good and professional. Here are the reasons why you should wear an apron.
- Before, wearing an apron is only for women because they believe it's their job to look after the house and do household chores. But nowadays, we see it as useful protection for our precious clothes.
- If you thought women are the only ones who wear aprons, you would think again after seeing the bakes, cobblers, butchers, and artists. So technically, an apron can help you be identified based on your domestic symbol.
- Believe it or not, aprons have been considered as a fashion statement in some years and places.
- Your love apron symbolizes good health and nutrition.
- You can use it to dry your hands after washing dishes.
- It is so easy to maintain because once you use it, you can just throw it inside the washing machine and have it cleaned so you can use it the next day.
- Since it has side pockets or a pocket in front, you can put small things like a phone, money, or pen that you may need.
- It will serve as a protective shield for us when we are frying or cooking.
But how to wear an apron? Read more below to get the answer.
Know Your Apron
There are many types of aprons. Each of these serves a special purpose. But if you think there is only one type of apron for cooking, you'll change your mind after seeing an apron that looks like a dress, bib, and skirt. The types of apron are useful to learn when knowing how to wear an apron. To help you familiarize them, here is a short description below.
- 4-way Apron – this is usually worn by chefs. But you can also wear it while cooking in your kitchen because it is more hygienic.
- Bib Apron – this usually comes with a pocket that allows you to put small things or small kitchen tools and utensils. Plus it is easier to wear.
- Disposable Apron – this is good to use but not economical since it is made to be disposed of after being used. It is good to wear when you’re cleaning fish, cutting raw meat, cleaning the kitchen, or something that will cause a stain or splash on your clothes.
- Full Apron or Dress Apron – this will keep your clothes clean underneath.
So how to wear an apron? Since you already know the different kitchen aprons, you get to be familiar with the type you are using at home. There is a proper way of wearing it otherwise, you will be complaining about a loose or tight-fitting apron. Here are the steps below:
What to do:
- Make sure that you like the design of your apron. We are highlighting this because it's why you feel so awkward wearing it.
- Make sure that it is not smaller than your size. If it is big, you can easily adjust it. But if it is short or small, it will be hard for you to move in your kitchen.
- Put on your apron.
- Make sure that your front body is covered well.
- Find the drawstrings and tie it on your waist.
- If the apron fits loose on you, you can cross the drawstring behind your back and bring it to the front to make a ribbon.
- Move a little and see how it fits.
Wearing an apron is not just for fashion. It can serve as a shield for you and your favorite clothes. And now that we already taught you how to wear an apron, you can be sure that next time you cook, it will fit you perfectly! Find out more about kitchen essentials.
Cooking can either be a fun and rewarding activity or a nightmarish experience, and the crucial factor that decides your fate in the kitchen is your cooking tools.
A handheld grater is a must, even for a minimalist type of kitchen. That is because spending money on pre-grated cheese is expensive compared to having a handheld grater.
One of the essential tools that most chefs should never live without is having a good pair of kitchen tongs. The best tongs for kitchen are a versatile tool that you can use for many kitchen tasks.