How To Use A Tea Kettle
Isn’t it a no-brainer how to use a tea kettle? The sole purpose of a tea kettle is to heat water and serve nothing more. But it turns out there are other ways you can use your home kettle. This article will talk about how to clean a humble and reliable kettle and its other uses. I’m also sharing some safety tips concerning a tea kettle. So let’s find out how to use a tea kettle properly.
How To Use A Tea Kettle
Here are the steps on how to use a tea kettle on a stove.
- Fill your tea kettle with clean, filtered water. Do not half full the kettle to prevent it from melting or burning the kettle’s interior.
- Place your kettle on the stove, and switch on the stove to high heat.
- When the water boils, the kettle will start whistling. That means you have to turn off the stove and remove the kettle from the stove.
- You should use a potholder to hold the kettle’s handle to avoid burning your hands.
- Place some tea leaves on your cup and start pouring the water. Make sure your hands and face are away from the spout to prevent getting burns from the steam.
- Soak your tea leaves in hot water according to the tea package instructions.
- You can opt to add sweetener or enjoy a plain tea.
Tea Kettle Other Uses
They say big expectations come in big things, but your small tea kettle has so many uses. You can cook simple things with it, and I bet you haven’t thought about using your trusted tea kettle. This will help you how to use a tea kettle to its full potential.
Here are some things you can make using a tea kettle.
- Hard-boiled eggs
You can make a quick breakfast with a tea kettle by boiling healthy and easy to prepare eggs. Fill the kettle with water enough to cover the eggs. Place the kettle on the stove and let it boil for 12 minutes. After boiling the eggs, pour out the water, and take your hard-boiled eggs, be careful not to burn your hands.
Pour filtered water on the kettle half full. Switch on the stove to medium heat and place your kettle and let it whistle. When the water is hot, pour it over to your instant oatmeal. You may add sweetener to oatmeal to give it a little taste. Eat and enjoy it.
Ramen is everyone's favorite because it's easy to prepare. Boil water in the kettle as per instructions on the ramen's package, and let it whistle. Place the ramen noodles in a bowl. Pour the hot water into the bowl, and let the dry ramen noodles sit for two minutes, and stir in the flavorings. Alternatively, you can also pour the noodle inside the kettle to cook in the boiling water.
How To Clean A Tea Kettle Properly
Using a tea kettle over time can create mineral deposits inside the tea kettle. Hard water tends to stick on the kettle’s wall and surface, which build-up minerals on it. You can solve this by filling the kettle with pouring vinegar halfway to the kettle and pour in water.
Switch on the stove, and place the kettle, allow it to boil. When the kettle starts boiling, turn off the heat and simmer for ten minutes to weaken the mineral build-ups inside the kettle.
Rinse the kettle with warm water and a soft sponge to remove stuck mineral deposits around the kettle. You may rinse it again until you don't see any remaining mineral deposits.
Safety Tips About Tea Kettle
Besides learning how to use a tea kettle, you should follow tea kettle safety tips to make it last longer.
- You should never leave the kettle on the stove while the burner is on or unattended.
- It’s important not to let your kettle boils or stays on the burner for a long time. Some kettles come with PTFE coating that is harmful to pets as the fumes releases toxins. This coating emits fumes that may be dangerous to health. That’s why you should never let overheat your kettle.
- If you have a silicone-polyester or enamel kettle, chances are these products can fuse the glass top stove burner. If you allow the kettle to overheat, it may spark a fuse on your kettle’s bottom.
- Avoid dragging or sliding your kettle on the stove, especially if you have a glass top stove, as it can damage your stove’s heat source.
You don’t need to be a genius to learn how to use a tea kettle. You can use your tea kettle beyond boiling water like cooking instant noodles and hard-boiled eggs or serving soups, offering versatility to your small kitchen kettle. Alas, kettles are portable kitchenware that you can take even when you’re camping or even with limited cooking space. Find out more about wine openers.
Have you heard of this squeezer and juicer? If not, this is a tool that will help you get the juice from the pulp of a lemon and other citrus fruit. This tool is widely used primarily in bartending, cooking, and even at home.