How To Use A Grill Pan On Stove Top
Outdoor grilling is fun, but when you don't have enough space, you might as well dismiss the idea. Good thing there are grill pans that you can use without needing a backyard space to have that fun barbeque session. One option is using a grill pan on stove top. You might be wondering how to use a grill pan on stove top. Keep reading to know the simple steps.
Grill Pan Features
A grill pan has raised edges with grill lines that are around 2 centimeters apart. These grill lines are raised at about .5 centimeters high. It's enough height to allow food liquids to drip down while cooking. Grill pans are made of different materials, and the best grill pan has a nonstick surface. They are simple to use as well. There's no doubt that you'll have a flavorful and healthy dish when you know how to use a grill pan on stove top.
Steps to Use Grill Pan on a Stove Top
- Food Preparation. When you prepare the food to be grilled, make sure that you cut meat bits into half-inch thick to ensure even cooking and prevent overcooking. Also, make sure that the raw food lie level on the pan. It is the first thing to consider as you learn how to use a grill pan on stove top.
- Warming up. To warm-up, you need to turn the stove to medium-high warmth. Carefully place your hand above the grill pan to feel the heat directly and determine its hotness state. This warming up procedure may take around five to twenty minutes, depending on the kind of stove you are using.
- Oiling. You need to splash oil on the veggies when you're dealing with them. You won't need oiling for meats, pork, chicken, and fish because their natural oils will turn out as you cook. Avoid coating the grill pan with oil because it will smoke at high temperatures.
- Grilling. To achieve that spectacular grill lines, put the food on the grill at a 45-degree point. When you want good square grill marks, turn the food at a 90-degree edge. Flip over the food as necessary. With a grill pan, you'll never have to worry about sliding meats.
Benefits of Using A Grill Pan
- Grill marks. Grill marks are achievable when cooking at home, as you've seen in recipe books and high-end restaurants. Steaks have undeniably distinct flavor with solid grill marks on them. You get a perfect food appearance plus excellent food taste. You usually see those grilled meats with black dents in restaurants, and you might wonder how they are made. Well, not at all when you know how to use a grill pan on stove top.
- Saves cooking time. Using a grill pan saves you time and enables you to cook more food. Typically, grill pans have a large capacity and come in round or square shapes. Its design allows for volume cooking without worrying that sauces and juices might mix.
- Juice and oil collection. Because grill pans are designed with ridges that allow for fats and natural oils to drip off, it provides an easy way to collect the food's natural juice for sauces. The collected sauces make delicious gravies for steaks and fish.
- Indoor cooking. A grill pan can be conveniently used for indoor cooking. It does not require a space for outdoor use and grilling. So, you get to enjoy cooking your steaks indoors without having to go outside.
- Healthy. Yes, grill pans produce healthy food. For once, it separates the oils and fats from the meat and fishes. Using a grill pan allows you to enjoy flavorful food with fewer health worries.
Who says you can't grill food indoors? Grilling with the use of a grill pan is one of the most enjoyable ways of cooking for family and friends. It's a form of recreation that results in the best tasting dish without having to go outside. Make sure you know how to use a grill pan on stove top so you can maximize the use of your pan. The best part of a grill pan is that you can do the grilling at any time and any place. Find out more about stove top grill pans.
No matter what the season is, grilling is always an enjoyable and fun task to do. The smell of grilled meat coupled with some spices gets you going, and the best part about grilling is it can be done anywhere at any given time.
Living in modern society can have its advantages and disadvantages. One of which is that lesser activities are being done outdoors as most people tend to live in towers or in basements.
Grilling has always been one of the healthier ways of preparing food. It eliminates the need to use oil like when we fry and removes a significant amount of fat from the meat for a lower cholesterol diet. But grilling can be laborious.