How To Sharpen A Knife With Chef's Choice Sharpeners
Knives are an essential kitchen tool. They allow you to chop, slice, and cut your favorite food into bite-size pieces, doing both your cooking and eating more convenient. On the other hand, dull knives can be frustrating and even dangerous. That's why knowing how to sharpen a knife with Chef’s Choice is an essential skill needed by knife users.
Proper maintenance is a must, not just for knives but for all other kitchen devices you have. Chef’s Choice is a popular and trusted brand that provides various kinds of knife sharpeners for all your sharpening needs. There are two kinds of sharpeners- manual and electric. What you choose to purchase will depend greatly on your needs and preference.
Chef’s Choice Knife Sharpener
Although manual sharpeners are more portable and handy, electric ones make the work significantly lesser. If you own one or deciding to purchase one, here’s how to sharpen knife with Chef’s Choice:
- Plugin your sharpener and turn it on. Electric sharpeners are bulkier than manual ones. So make sure to find a stable countertop when using this device.
- A Chef’s Choice generally has two stages. Figuring out how to sharpen knife with Chef's Choice starts with the first stage, labeled either "one" or "coarse.” Run over your blade through this stage to get rid of burrs and some bulk of steel in your knife.
- Next, proceed to stage “two.” This stage polished the blade even more for a finer finish. Additionally, you can run through your knives in the second stage if you want to refine them and not necessarily sharpen them.
- Some sharpeners also have a stage "three." This process allows for more polishing and better stropping. If you own a serrated knife, the third stage will prove to be quite useful for you. Most of the time, stages one and two utilize diamond abrasives, while stage three uses either ceramic or diamond.
- The Chef's Choice knife sharpeners are designed to give sharpness back to dull knives. You can also utilize them for honing and polishing your knives. The most important thing to remember is always going back to your instruction guide regarding the proper use of your device.
When you learn how to sharpen knife with Chef's Choice, you have to be mindful and extra careful since you are dealing with very sharp objects that can either hurt or injure you. Here are some things to consider when using a knife sharpener:
- Electric sharpeners have a stone or grinding wheel that turns in fast and in the opposite direction. This allows them to grind and sharpen the blade of your knife. Thus, refrain from touching the wheel, especially when in use.
- These sharpeners are powerful enough to sharpen even very old tools sitting on your shed. Although it gives life to your tools, you always have to stay alert and careful.
- Children can be very curious, especially when seeing new devices. Thus, make sure that you keep your knife sharpeners in a secure place.
- Most knives, even the high-quality ones, dull over time. This does not imply that you have a worthless knife; rather, it’s a result of daily use. So try to find a sharpener that works best with your knife set.
- Knives require re-sharpening often. Doing so extends the life of your knives for extended periods. Dull knives can be a pain to use since you need to put in more effort to cut. However, the result may not be what you expect. Also, dull knives can be very dangerous since they can easily slip and hurt you when in use.
Dull knives can be very frustrating to use. But thanks to effective knife sharpeners in the market, you won't need to throw away a good quality knife just because it started to dull. Learning how to sharpen knife with Chef's Choice is useful in extending your favorite knife's life. Having a sharp knife can make food preparation ease with a shorter time required.
Knife sharpeners are a must if you frequently use your knife for various kitchen procedures. Thus, having one handy can prove to be beneficial in making your life easier and more convenient. Know more about knife sharpeners.
It is an undeniable fact that having sharp blades make your kitchen work easier and faster. Pointed knives are necessary tools, but the process of maintaining a razor-sharp blade is not as easy as it may seem as it requires skill and work.
Serrated bread knives are perfect for slicing bread, and they cut well for a very long time. However, like any other blade, they tend to go dull and lose their sharp cutting ability overtime.