Rabbit wine opener uses a lever-operated corkscrew to remove the cork from the wine bottle. Because they are mechanized, rabbit corkscrews work with a minimum amount of twisting and pulling on your end. Rather, you open the wine bottle by holding a pair of handles and pulling the lever. Opening your bottle of wine using a rabbit corkscrew is faster and easier than using traditional corkscrews. So, to fully enjoy your wine without struggling with the cork, check out these easy tips on how to remove cork from rabbit wine opener.
Using the Rabbit Corkscrew
- Remove the protective foil cover from your wine bottle using a foil cutter. Rabbit corkscrews are not typically designed to pull a cork through the foil. If your bottle of wine is sealed with wax, remove that as well.
- Hold the gripping handles of the corkscrew in one hand and raise the lever with the other. The corkscrew will rise by itself in an elevated position.
- Place the corkscrew at the center over the cork, then lower the opener into place over the wine’s neck bottle. Squeeze the gripping handles tightly to attach your corkscrew to the bottle and maintain a solid grip while removing the cork. This is one important tip on how to remove cork from rabbit wine opener.
- Raise the lever so the corkscrew will dig into the cork. Then pull down on the lever to slide the cork up and out of your bottle. Release your grip on the gripping handles and slowly lift the rabbit corkscrew off of the bottle.
- Remove the cork from the corkscrew by lifting the lever to lower the cork and corkscrew. When your corkscrew is lowered, firmly squeeze the gripping handles and pull down on the lever. The cork automatically will slide off of the corkscrew.
How to Remove Cork from Rabbit Wine Opener
Removing the cork from your Rabbit corkscrew is fast and easy. Check out these easy steps on how to remove cork from rabbit wine opener.
Step 1 (Using a Manual Rabbit)
The first tip on how to remove cork from rabbit wine opener is to lift the top handle of the corkscrew up and back after removing the cork from the bottle of wine with the manual Rabbit. Then, hold the cork tightly using the gripping handles, which stretch perpendicular from the Rabbit. Lower the Rabbit’s top handle forward and down to loosen the pin.
Step 2 (Using a Vertical Rabbit)
Lower the handle after you remove the cork from the bottle using the vertical Rabbit. Lift your handle up and lower the handle again to release the cork.
Step 3 (Using an Electric Rabbit)
The last tip on how to remove cork from rabbit wine opener is to press the top button on the Rabbit’s side after you remove the cork from the bottle using the electric Rabbit. An eject symbol indicates this button.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do remove the foil cap (with a foil cutter or knife) before pulling the cork with the rabbit corkscrew.
- Don’t dig through the foil cap without removing it first. This would damage the non-stick coating of the spiral (worm) and might seriously hinder its operation. However, if you do damage the loop, you can also get a replacement for it.
- Do remove the wax from the wine; the bottle is sealed with wax.
- Don’t drill through the wax seals with your corkscrew. The wax on the spiral might soon render your corkscrew useless. However, if you make this mistake, you can remove the spiral by unscrewing around the nut under the top handle and spiral briefly with boiling water. After that, remove wax seals before pulling the cork.
- Do hold the gripping handles firmly when you are removing a cork. If you grip them loosely, the cork might not come out.
- Don’t manually remove the cork from the spiral after pulling it. Remember always to use the easy automatic cork removal.
- Do clean the corkscrew occasionally using a damp cloth or sponge. Make sure to wipe away bits of cork that may stick to the spiral.
- Don’t submerge your rabbit wine opener in water as it may damage the mechanism.
Rabbit corkscrews are a favorite tool of most wine lovers to easily and quickly open their favorite wines. They usually come in manual, vertical, and electric models. They are essential and helpful, especially if you always host parties that involve a lot of wine or just enjoying the wine by yourself after a long day. Opening or removing the cork from your wine bottle can be fast and easy, but removing the cork from your corkscrew may be a bit of a challenge if you don’t know how to remove cork from rabbit wine opener. Thus, this article may help you how with some easy tips. Know more about wine openers.