How To Make A Monte Cristo Sandwich – The Heaven-On-Earth Sandwich
Are you wondering how to level up your grilled cheese game? In this article, you will learn how to make a Monte Cristo sandwich in the quickest way. Enjoy reading until the very end to turn your classic sandwich recipe into a more tasteful one.
All About Monte Cristo Sandwich
You can make a sandwich out of many sorts of combinations. The combination of ham, cheese, and bread is the most classic one. They are all best to serve for breakfast and snack time. But how does a Monte Cristo sandwich recipe differ from the rest?
Below is a list of facts you might want to know about the trendy Monte Cristo sandwich:
- The Monte Cristo sandwich is a variation of French food called Croque Monsieur.
- Unlike your ordinary sandwich recipe, this one has a coating of milk and egg.
- The layers inside are white bread, mustard or mayo, meat, like ham and turkey, and melted cheese.
No wonder why this is taking over different food blogs and vlogs on the Internet. The Monte Cristo sandwich is an upgrade to the classic duo of your ham and cheese sandwich! Continue reading below to know how to make a Monte Cristo sandwich in your very own kitchen.
You might be thinking that the recipe and ingredients of this sandwich are as fancy as the sound of its name. No, it’s the total opposite! Read the steps on how to make a Monte Cristo sandwich down below.
- White bread
- Any cheese of your choice
How to make a Monte Cristo sandwich:
- Take two pieces of white bread and spread mayo on each one.
- Place boiled slices of ham on top of each mayo-filled bread.
- Add cheese on top of each ham.
- Layer the two white pieces of bread.
- Top the layer with the last piece of bread, and make sure that all the added ingredients are between each layer.
- To seal your layered bread, you can use a clean heavy pan to press the bread down. Please give it a good, nice squish.
- Slice off the crust of the bread to give it a nice seal.
- For the coating, mix one egg, two tablespoons of milk, and a little bit of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully dip the sandwich into the mixture, and make sure also to coat the corners.
- Melt butter into a pan.
- Fry the sandwich into the pan. Make sure to fry each side, and wait until it turns golden brown.
- Lastly, serve it with love!
The quick and easy recipe on how to make a Monte Cristo sandwich is perfect for everyone. You can find the ingredients just resting in your fridge. What are you waiting for? Start making this mouth-watering sandwich. This recipe will never turn you down. It’s just delicious in all the right ways. Here's how to learn more about sandwiches.
When we talk about Japanese knives, they give us images of the samurai’s blade. There is a truth in this impression. Japanese blades have thin and sharp edges that are hard and don’t need frequent sharpening.
Countries may have different versions of bread, but it is still highly regarded as a staple food. It is perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea and can be paired with soup, coffee, and pasta. Aside from that, you can mostly see it children’s and adult’s lunch boxes.