How To Make A Mixing Bowl Cover
Many times you may have used aluminum foil or plastic cling wraps to cover your bowls. They do the job, yes. However, a reusable fabric cover is a more eco-friendly choice as it is washable and reusable.
To add, printed fabric covers can easily jazz up your bowls. More than the fancy, these covers are great in keeping your food secure.
We will give you an easy step-by-step guide on how to make a mixing bowl cover. Let’s get to work, shall we?
What You Need
Here’s a list of the things you need for this fabric bowl cover tutorial:
- A piece of paper large enough to trace your bowl with an additional three inches
- One piece of your preferred regular fabric; make sure the size will fit your bowl measurement
- Extra fabric for bias tape
- One piece of insulating thermal barrier fabric—the same size as your regular fabric
- Elastic long enough to go around your bowl
- Sewing machine
Insulating thermal barrier fabrics create a thermal barrier that keep things hot or cold. This will make your cover more functional. This kind of fabric is available in online shops.
If you have no available thermal barrier fabrics, you can use two coordinating regular fabrics for this project. Using leftover fabric from your other DIY projects will make this activity even more earth-friendly.
Steps To Make A Mixing Bowl Cover
Once you got all the materials, you can follow these steps on how to make a mixing bowl cover:
- Flip your bowl upside down and trace the mouth onto the paper. Add threes inches to the circumference. This will serve as your pattern.
- Trace the pattern onto the regular fabric and the thermal insulating fabric.
- To make your own bias tape, cut 2 inches of fabric diagonally and iron it in half. Open the fold up and then insert the raw edges into the fold.
- Place the two fabrics on top of each other with the right side facing out. Make sure the shiny side of the thermal insulating fabric is facing out.
- Pin your bias tape into the entire outline of your fabrics. Leave the ends open.
- Sew the tape with 3/8 inches allowance. This will allow room for your elastic.
- Attach a safety pin to the end of the elastic and work it around the whole circle, following the bias tape.
- Sew the ends of the elastic together.
- To finish the bias tape, fold the edge of one end and pin it on top of the other end.
- Sew it together.
You’re all done! You can do this project in less than an hour. Here’s a tip: keep your pattern if you plan to make more covers in the coming days. Here's how to learn more about mixing bowls.
Did you enjoy learning how to make a mixing bowl cover? With this, you can make fancy fabric covers for all your Kitchenaid mixer bowls. Get rid of those aluminum foils and plastic wraps. That’s one step to having an eco-friendly kitchen.
Hair developers are essential ingredients when dying your hair. They work by opening your hair cuticles so that the dye could easily penetrate your hair.
Whether you are just learning how to cook or a long-time professional chef, a large mixing bowl is a necessity. It is needed for many purposes, from mixing different ingredients to form a dough for your bread.