How To Make A Club Sandwich
A layered sandwich that is a delicious option for lunch or dinner and can be seen in different restaurants, country clubs, resorts, and even schools – it’s none other than the club sandwich! Wondering how to make a club sandwich? Read on to find out how.
It is said that the quality of ingredients often defines the difference in eating and savoring food. To learn how to make a club sandwich, you need to know its basic components first:
- Bacon – This can make anything taste better. To make it as wholesome as possible, try baking it in the oven or cooking it low and slow in a skillet, which will allow the meat to separate from the fat.
- Turkey or Chicken – If buying from the deli counter, choose low sodium turkey or chicken breast meat to avoid a powerful sodium punch.
- Cheese – This contains high amounts of vitamins A and B-12, zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin and a great source of calcium and protein.
- Tomatoes – These are bonafide superfoods. Slice up plenty of those lycopene-loaded beauties.
- Lettuce – Most club sandwiches get their green from iceberg or romaine lettuce, but there are plenty of other options. Lettuce is low in fiber and high in minerals, like calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium.
- Mayonnaise – Although this is the least healthy ingredient of a club sandwich, it is still important. It will surely take your sandwich to the next level.
- Bread – The original recipe of a club sandwich calls for a white toast. You can always bake your bread when you make sandwiches.
Making That Iconic Club Sandwich
You’ll know its club sandwich they are serving if it’s stacked with three layers of bread, cut into quarters, and secured by a toothpick. Learning how to make a club sandwich is easy and fun! With these simple steps, you can now create your very own club sandwich:
- Spread the mayo of your choice on one side of lightly toasted bread. Add your turkey. A leftover baked chicken would also be nice. Then top it with tomato and cheese.
- You can now layer it with ham or bacon and lettuce.
- Another option is adding slices of avocado, hard-boiled egg, or a smear of mustard.
- For finishing, top it with the final slices of bread and secure it with cute sandwich picks.
- Cut it into quarters and serve pretty much any side dish you love. It can be cold potato salad, dill pickle pasta salad, potato chips or fries, and a cold beverage.
Make Your Iconic Club Sandwich
Making a sandwich is a true life-skill. It can brighten anyone’s desk lunch, make friends, or maybe win over enemies. After learning and practicing the techniques on how to make a club sandwich, you can go and experiment with other ingredients and make your iconic club sandwich! Know more about sandwiches.
Ever wonder how loaves of bread in the restaurant come into a perfect slice? Besides a chef’s knife or paring knife, you should never miss the best budget bread knife.
Pinwheel sandwiches are one of the easiest appetizers to make. They can be done as easy as 1-2-3! You can even make one and find ingredients right from your pantry!