You might be dealing with mice if you hear something scratching on the walls or small pellet-like droppings in your cupboards. Rat infestation is an irritating intrusion, and the damage they cause can be overwhelming. There is no need for a blood-curdling scream. This article will help you how to get rid of mice in kitchen cabinets.
Getting Rid of Mice
Sealing and cleaning the insides of your cabinet areas is of big help on how to get rid of mice in kitchen cabinets. Aside from this, you can keep these rodents out by following these tips:
- You must eliminate all entry points – Mice can fit into small spaces and can be master contortionists. Believe it or not, they can fit inside holes that are less than an inch wide. They use openings around utility pipes, electrical conduits, water & gas lines, and communication cables. Once inside these entry points, they can survive on bits and pieces of food in a tiny corner of your house. How to get rid of mice in kitchen cabinets? You must first seal these entry points. Go through your entire kitchen and look for holes inside your cabinets, behind or under the stove, and many more.
- Seal your food – No wonder, mice like to stay in the kitchen because of lots and lots of food. What to do? Store all your food items in a sturdy or seal-tight containers and jars. Now, there is no way for a rat to be near your food.
- Always keep the kitchen clean and tidy – One of the best ways of keeping mice out is to keep your kitchen tidy. Keep it clean every single day. After cooking, always give your kitchen floors a quick sweep and your countertops a good wipe. Make sure your trash bins are placed as far away as possible from your homes to avoid attracting rodents.
- Eliminate areas where they stay and breed – Evaluate all the nesting places inside your kitchen. This will help eliminate places where mice can poop and breed. The last thing you want to happen is to get poisoned by mice poop.
- Try peppermint – This is a simple hack on how to get rid of mice in kitchen cabinets; yet, it will give you great results. Others state that peppermint plants and essential oils are a great tool to keep mice out. They don’t want the smell of peppermints. It will not only make your clean kitchen smell fresh but also keep the mice away.
Have a Mice-Free Home
Waking up in a nice and cozy morning without the fear of having these pesky rodents is a dream all of us want to have. These tips on how to get rid of mice in kitchen cabinets may not be easy to do, but they can surely help make those dreams of having a mice-free home come true. Know more about kitchen cleaning.