There are times when some of our trusty kitchen tools become a hassle. Have you ever had your bowls stuck in your mixer? In this article, we will teach you how to get bowl out of KitchenAid mixer so you can get back to your kitchen work in no time.
2 Quick Ways – Getting Bowl Out Of Your KitchenAid Mixer
KitchenAid mixers may look similar, but they typically come in two designs:
- Tilt-head – The mixer’s base plate is a circular space, which is where your bowl rests.
- Bowl-lift – The mixer has a U-shaped bowl support assembly with locating pins. The bowl’s side tabs fit over the two locating pins on your mixer.
The process on how to remove bowl from KitchenAid lift mixer varies because of these two models:
Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
- Step 1 – Turn off your KitchenAid Tilt-Head Stand Mixer for your safety.
- Step 2 – Push the locking lever to unlock the mixer’s motorhead and lift it.
- Step 3 – Push the attachment of the mixer. The attachment can be a wire whip or a flat beater. Push it slightly up the beater shaft, and turn it left to unlock it. Pull the attachment from the beater shaft.
- Step 4 – Press the bowl, and lift the handle together to unhook your bowl from the locating pins.
- Step 5 – Pull the bowl from the mixer, and remember the steps on how to get bowl out of KitchenAid mixer with tilt-head for your future reference.
Bowl Lift Mixer
- Step 1 – Switch off and unplug your KitchenAid Bowl-Lift Stand mixer.
- Step 2 – Move the bowl lift handle into the down position so you can lower the bowl.
- Step 3 – Push up your mixer attachment slightly on the shaft, and turn it left so you can unhook it from its locking pin. Lower it into the bowl.
- Step 4 – Press on the bowl gently while lifting the handle until you unhook the bowl from the side locating pins.
- Step 5 – Pull the KitchenAid artisan mixer bowl from the mixer and remember these steps for future reference.
Tricks To Try – Removing Bowl From KitchenAid Mixer
If the steps above still don’t work, there are other things you can try. Part of knowing how to get bowl out of KitchenAid mixer is understanding the product. And user experience is the best source for unconventional solutions. Here are some user solutions to try:
- Use a warm, damp towel and wrap it around the bowl’s base. Keep it there for 10 minutes, and check if you can push the bowl down and move it a little. These bowls can get stuck because of continued use. If this does not work, try the next option.
- Spray the grooves of the mixer with some mineral oil. The grooves are located at the base of the mixer, which is where your bowl slides in.
NOTE: Don’t use food-based oils to lubricate the grooves. These types of oils are very sticky and difficult to clean. Know more about mixers.
Being in the kitchen is an enriching experience, which means you’re open to both kitchen victories and blunders. Now that you know how to get bowl out of KitchenAid mixer, that’s one kitchen blunder off your list.