How To Clean Oxo Salad Spinner Lid
An Oxo salad spinner serves as useful kitchenware for vegetarians. It's a helpful tool to quickly clean and dry herbs and veggies for fresh salad servings. As the spinner does its job, salad leaves inevitably cling to the spinner's holes, and its lid and cleaning may sound a bit challenging. Well, maybe you only need to learn simple cleaning hacks. Keep reading to know how to clean oxo salad spinner lid.
How Does the Salad Spinner Work?
Salad spinners are used to thoroughly clean and remove excess water from your salad ingredients. It is also known as a salad tosser. It uses dispersing force, so water separates perfectly from the leaves, making them drier and crispier. Salad dressings also get tastier with freshly dried veggies.
Salad spinners also make water draining more convenient and easier. You will also see hidden dirt particles on the drained water in the spinner, as evident in how it effectively cleans the veggies. This useful food preparation tool cleans salad greens without affecting the texture and taste of the veggies. Learning how to clean Oxo salad spinner lid will also make it work more efficiently.
Ways to Clean Oxo Salad Spinner
Cleaning an Oxo salad spinner is an easy task. It can be done both through dishwasher cleaning and hand cleaning. It pays to know how to clean Oxo salad spinner lid, as it helps you have a cleaner and perfectly textured vegetable salad. Take a look at the following ways:
- Use a dish soap that has a grease-fighting property to clean your salad spinner and remove oils effectively. Pour a substantial amount of it into the salad spinner.
- Pour in warm water into the salad spinner until it reaches half-full. Then, place its lid on the spinner.
- Push the pump down to make repeated spinning of the basket spin within the bowl. This way, food leftovers will be emptied and forced out of the basket.
- Press the stop button to stop the spinning, and drain the spinner.
- Press the button to remove the clear lid's underside, then clean pieces of the lid with your dishwashing soap.
- Rinse the separate lid pieces, and place them on a rack for drying.
- Use a dampened sponge to clean the spinner basket and target those stuck food particles in the basket holes.
- Rinse the spinner basket and the bowl.
- Finally, dry the salad spinner bowl and its basket.
Before cleaning the Oxo salad spinner using a dishwasher, check the product's specifications first if all spinner parts are dishwasher safe.
- Separate the spinner basket with the clear bowl, and disassemble the spinner's clear lid as well.
- Place all disassembled pieces in the dishwasher, preferably on the top rack.
- Set to a normal cycle, and using your usual dishwashing soap, run the dishwasher.
- After completing the cycle, dry all spinner parts in the dishwasher. You may also use a kitchen towel for drying.
How to Use Oxo Salad Spinner
Knowing how to clean Oxo salad spinner lid is essential, and learning how to use your salad spinner the right way will also lengthen its service life. Here are steps to use your Oxo salad spinner:
- Prepare your salad ingredients by chopping the veggies that you will be cleaning.
- Place the chopped greens in the spinner basket. Pour water into the spinner bowl, making sure that the greens are adequately submerged and fully covered.
- Push down and move the salad greens a bit while submerged into the water and rinse off the dirt on the water. Adding ice cubes is also a great idea; cold water will keep your greens crispier.
- Let your veggies sit in the water for about five minutes to make time for the dirt to settle to the bowl's bottom. While waiting, you may use your extra time to prepare your salad dressing.
- After a while, separate the basket from the bowl and drain the bowl with dirty water.
- Place the spinner basket bask to the bowl, place the lid on its place and push the start button to start the spinning. A few spins are enough to remove excess water. When you want to stop the spinning, press the stop button.
- Now, remove the basket from the bowl and drain the gathered excess water. Repeat the same process to drain out all the excess water from your greens.
- Finally, serve and enjoy your freshly cleaned and crunchier greens with the salad dressing you have made.
Oxo salad spinners are a great addition to your kitchen gadgets, especially if you love salad greens. You can wash the salad ingredients and veggies by hand, but it surely saves you time and effort using a salad spinner. It is the best way to remove unwanted and hidden dirt on your veggies as well as drying them thoroughly.
Knowing how to clean Oxo salad spinner lid is the best way to maintain your spinner in good shape and condition. Cleaning will also give you more health benefits and help you prepare the most delicious salad. Go for a spin and enjoy! Here's how to learn more about salad spinners.
Ever wonder what difference a salad spinner can do? Is it a necessary tool or just one of the redundant items in the kitchen?