I’m sure you’ve heard of the saying “The kitchen is the heart of the home.” But a well-loved kitchen often becomes a greasy kitchen. These oil splatters can be stubborn and unsightly, but there’s a solution for that. Read on, and we will show you how to clean kitchen cabinets grease with some quick and easy DIY solutions.
Three DIY Solutions – How To Clean Grease Off Cabinets
When you see the mess made after cooking, it can be a little overwhelming. The whole kitchen needs a reset after a productive session, and knowing how to clean kitchen cabinets grease will make managing your kitchen easier.
Things you need:
- High-quality dish soap
- Multipurpose cleaner with citrus oil
- Baking soda
- Spray bottle
- Cloth (preferably microfiber)
- White vinegar
Let’s get started!
Water and Soap
If you have wood cabinets, cleaning them will require a gentler process. Water and soap are useful during this time. Here are some steps on how to take grease off wood cabinets:
- Step 1 – With a sponge soaked in warm water, soften the splattered grease on the cabinet.
- Step 2 – Create a mixture of dish soap and warm water in a separate bowl.
- Step 3 – Clean the sponge, or use a new one for the next step.
- Step 4 – Dip the sponge in your mixture of soap and water, and gently scrub the grease out.
- Step 5 – Use clean water to remove any soapy residue on the surface.
- Step 6 – Dry the surface with a dish towel or a microfiber towel.
White Vinegar (Distilled)
Vinegar is a known kitchen cleaner. Its natural acidic properties can help remove grease effectively.
- Step 1 – Prepare undiluted distilled white vinegar.
- Step 2 – Soak your washcloth in vinegar.
- Step 3 – Wipe the greasy areas on your cabinet.
- Step 4 – Leave it on the surface for 10-15 minutes. Be sure to time this so it doesn’t damage any cabinet surfaces.
- Step 5 – Take a damp sponge, and gently scrub the grease off the surface.
- Step 6 – Remove the buildup of grease with a cloth soaked in water.
Multipurpose cleaner – Citrus based
Citrus oil naturally removes grease. Some people create homemade grease and grime removers using citrus-based essential oils, like lemon or orange. This solution is a more natural alternative compared to other cleaners with too many chemicals. These are the steps on how to clean kitchen cabinets grease with a citrus-based cleaner:
- Step 1 – Spray your multipurpose cleaner on the surface of your kitchen cabinets.
- Step 2 – Allow the solution to sit for a few minutes.
- Step 3 – Clean the residue with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Step 4 – Dry the surface of your cabinets thoroughly with a dry cloth.
Cleaning your kitchen is a good reset for a well-loved space. Because kitchen is the busiest part of the house, we must show it the same amount of love. That is why knowing how to clean kitchen cabinets grease will give your kitchen the regular makeover it deserves. Here’s how to learn more about kitchen cleaning tips.