Our Golden Gourmet Whoopie Pies were inspired by the beach on Little Cranberry Island and the elegant shape of the scallop shell. We transformed our favorite childhood treat, the Whoopie Pie, into another version of this Maine Classic, our Golden Gourmet Whoopie Pie.
They are a lovely light butter cake with organic vanilla, shaped like scallops, and filled with an assortment of luscious fillings. As with all our products, we use only the finest ingredients to create our Golden Gourmet Whoopie Pies. In addition to homemade maine butter, we use local eggs from free-range chickens (a happy chicken lays a better egg), pure Maine spring water, unbleached flour, and Maine Sea Salt.
Our Golden Gourmet Whoopie Pies are a vanilla butter cake filled with your choice of the following filling flavors:
- Lemon and Lime (just the right blend of juice and organic lemon oil give these whoopies a special zing!)
- Original (our secret recipe made with organic vanilla)
- Cointreau and fresh orange zest
- Espresso (freshly brewed)
- Rich Chocolate (for those who can never get enough)
- Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- Chocolate Chip (Gourmet Valrhona chocolate pearls)
Our Gourmet Whoopie Pies are shipped cold and may be served at room temperature or refrigerated. They can be left covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, and they refrigerate and freeze beautifully.
Filling flavor selections may be substituted due to the availability of our freshly made products.